tel 412-566-2760 • fax 412-471-6643 • contact us
NEED has awarded $20 million in grants to nearly 19,000 students over the past 49 years.
Key Numbers for the 2010−2011 school year:
- 106: number of post-secondary institutions throughout the United States where 2010-2011 NEED recipients are enrolled. 47 (44%) of these institutions are located within Pennsylvania.
- 86% of students are enrolled in post-secondary education in Pennsylvania
- 14% of students are enrolled in post-secondary education out of state
- 44% of grants were awarded to freshman
- 25% of grants were awarded to sophomores
- 17% of grants were awarded to juniors
- 12% of grants were awarded to seniors
For the Average NEED Freshman:
- 53% were accepted by their ﬁrst choice school.
- 80% have a grade point average of a 3.50 to 4.00
- 63% intend to earn a Master’s degree or higher
- 73% participated in NEED’s Access to College and Career Education (A.C.E.) Program when it was offered in their school
- 34% are ﬁrst-generation
- 58% live with one parent
- 42% live with both parents
- 74 Students that went on the 5th Annual NEED HBCU Tour in Spring of 2011.
- 12: Number of Historically Black Colleges and Universities visited on the HBCU Tour.
- 880: Number of attendees at the 48th Annual NEED Beneﬁt Dinner on March 15, 2011.
- 11: Number of local corporations that participated in the Workforce Diversity Internship Fair.